Devon Voluntary Action is a partnership organisation which provides individuals, not-for-profit groups, and social enterprises with the support they need to help improve their local communities. Driven by our desire to create positive social change, Devon Voluntary Action helps individuals and organisations to develop skills, build relationships and obtain resources which will help to make their communities more empowered, dynamic and connected.
Formed as a partnership between six local charities in 2013, Devon Voluntary Action has remained at the heart of Devon’s voluntary and community sector ever since. As a result, we have gained a nuanced understanding of our local communities’ needs, which has enabled us to help individuals and groups in a wide range of ways specific to their varying needs.
At Devon Voluntary Action, our mission is to create positive change by encouraging local communities to come together through social action and volunteering. We do this by:
- Speaking up on behalf of Devon’s voluntary and community sector
- Influencing local volunteering practices and promoting community action
- Supporting Devon’s communities in delivering local services
- Bringing groups and individuals together as an independent, impartial third party
- Growing our knowledge of Devon’s communities at a local and county-wide level
What We Offer
Devon Voluntary Action and its partners provides a variety of services which help inform, support, connect, and enhance our local communities. These include the following:
- Offering relevant training to groups and individuals
- Advising groups on topics such as start-up, governance, fundraising and best practice
- Creating opportunities for local charities and social enterprises to work together
- Matching individuals with suitable volunteering opportunities
- Coordinating county-wide responses to issues that arise within the voluntary and community sector
Find out more about our partners, who all offer specialist support to individuals, charities, and not-for-profit groups in their local areas.